My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Filled Croissant

Hello Everyone!
If you're on facebook, you've probably seen some
of the videos with different recipes pop up.
I saw this idea and had to give it a try.
We have a group of friends from my husbands 
high school days that we get together with fairly often.
One of them lives a few hours away and came to visit
for the weekend, so I had the group over for brunch on 
Sunday.  I wanted to make something a little different,
so I decided to make these filled croissants.
This picture doesn't nearly do them justice,
I totally forgot to take pictures during the process or 
before we ate.  These are all that was left.
Here's how you make them.
Cut out the middle of the croissants and hollow it out
so there is room in the center, like a little boat.
Put them into a 350* oven on a cookie sheet lined with 
parchment paper for about 5 minutes
In a bowl mix together, eggs and whatever else you'd like
to fill them with.  I used Italian Sausage (cooked), green onion,
 chopped sauteed mushrooms, cheddar cheese and a little bit of chives.
When the croissants are done baking for the 5 minutes, they will
be golden and a little crispy.
Fill them with the egg mixture and bake for about 25 minutes until
the egg is set and cooked through.
These are delicious!
I served them with bacon, fresh fruit and sticky buns.
I'll tell you about those sticky buns in another post.
Everyone loved the breakfast and there weren't many 
leftovers.

I'm glad you stopped by today,
I hope you'll give these a try.
If you do, let me know what you put into them and
how you liked them.
Until next time,
Be creative in the kitchen!



No comments: