My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Sunday Brunch Sticky Buns

Do you like sweet rolls?
If you do, these will be right up your alley.
I used to make these when my kids were young,
but haven't made them for years.
When I was having brunch for friends, I thought of these
and couldn't NOT make them.
They are very simple to make.

Here's the easy peasy recipe:
1 pkg of frozen dinner roll dough
(these are just the raw frozen dough not the already baked rolls)
1 pkg instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon 
1 stick of butter
Pecan halves, enough to cover the bottom of the pan

I used a full bag of rolls and made 2 pans,
each pan had about 18 rolls in it.
Butter the bottom and sides of you pan,
(I used a cake pan, but would suggest a deeper pan,
like a bundt pan or a spring form pan.
As you can see in the top picture, the rolls ended up
rising and baking over the sides of the pan.)
Sprinkle the bottom of the pan with pecans,
I like a lot of nuts, so covered the bottom of the pan.
Put the dough balls, frozen, into the pan,
sprinkle the vanilla pudding mix over the rolls,
then sprinkle on the brown sugar and cinnamon.
Melt the stick of butter and pour evenly over the rolls,
Cover with a damp paper towel and place in a 
COLD oven over night.
I put foil under mine, as I thought some might "leak" over the sides
when they were baking, I was right since the pans had fairly low sides.
When you get up in the morning take the paper towel off the top of
the rolls, turn on the oven to 350*
Bake for about 25-35 minutes at 350*.
Take out of oven and let sit for about 5 minutes,
then turn out onto plate.
These pull apart easily and don't stay around for long.
They are so, so good.
I hope you will give these a try, I know I'll be making them again.
See you again soon!


1 comment:

Lisadwb said...

Those sound and look so good!! I bet your kitchen smelled good too!