My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Etched Wine glasses



Hello crafty people!
For Jaryd and Sara's wedding, there were
a bunch of crafty things that I helped with.
One of those things were some glasses that were
given to people at the rehearsal.
Sara's Mom was doing the etching,
but needed the stencils cut and I could do that.
So they told me what they needed and I created
and cut them with my Silhouette from vinyl.
Most of the wedding party got 
Buffalo Bills glasses.
This is what the stencil was like.
Yvonne would put the stencil on the glass,
then use etching cream to etch the image.
Once it was etched, she could rinse off the
etching cream and remove the vinyl stencil.
Here is one of the Bills glasses done.
Sara's sister is a chef, so she received 
this one with "skull chef" and the other was
for her boyfriend  In this case they left 
some of the vinyl on as a design element.
This is the design for my husband's glass.
He is a huge Trekkie.
And mine was this Scrap Queen glass.
There were a few others, but they were all done 
the day before the rehearsal, 
so I didn't see them before and
I didn't get pictures of them.
Sorry these last 2 pictures aren't very good,
but at least you can get the idea. 
Sara sent me the pictures of the others
and I think she did a beautiful job.

Thanks for coming by and spending time
at Kristie Kreates today.
I hope you'll come again soon.
I'll be posting more wedding fun and
scrapbook pages for their book soon.
Until then,
maybe you can give etching a try.







Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.

No comments: