My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

From Desk to Changing Table

Hi everyone!
Today I'm showing you a project that my 
son and daughter in law did together.
My Mom moved out of her house several
years ago and when we cleaned her house out,
Jaryd wanted her desk, so he's had it ever since.
When they found out they were pregnant, 
he decided to make her desk into a changing 
table. Recently Jaryd and his father in law got to
work on doing just that. 
I don't have a picture of the desk before, but....
here is a picture of them working on making it into 
a changing table.  In the lower left corner, you can just
see the corner of the desk. It was a very dark color, way
too dark for a baby's room.
They decided to paint it white, with the feeling that in years
to come they could always sand it down and bring it
back to it's natural state if they wanted to.
Here is what it looked like when they were done.
The hardware was painted purple, to give some
contrast and match her room. These too, can be 
changed back to their original brass if they want to.
After they got it home Sara added
a bit of vinyl to pretty it up even more.
She then took some fabric and covered the top of the 
changing area,
as well as the bottoms of the drawers.
I think they did a fabulous job with this project.
And I think G-Ma would be thrilled that her 
Great Grand daughter, Marie, will have this beautiful
changing table, that she can eventually use as her own
desk.  That top part just lifts right off, so no screws or nails
were put into the desk.
I love that my kids are creative and love doing these kind
of projects.

Thanks for coming by today and spending time here.
I hope you have been inspired to think of something 
that you can repurpose to get more use out of it.
Until next time,
think outside the box!


No comments: