My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Shaving Cream and Alcohol Ink

Hi All!
Today I'm going to show you the process I used to 
make some fun paper for crafting.
I use them for backgrounds for cards, scrapbook layouts
elements for cards and anything else that strikes my fancy.

I got a inexpensive aluminum sheet, shaving cream and
a spatula from the Dollar Tree.
I put a good amount of the shaving cream on the 
aluminum sheet.
Using the spatula, I smoothed it out.
I then dropped Alcohol Inks onto the shaving cream
and used a plastic knife to run through the ink to spread it 
a little bit.
It's hard to see the paper here, I used Deli paper
for this print.  I just laid the paper on top of the
shaving cream and smoothed it over the surface,
to be sure it was in contact with the ink.
Any type of paper can be used for this,
For this session, I used deli paper, white card stock,
white mulberry paper and colored mulberry paper.
When I picked up the paper, I scrapped off the
extra cream and left the paper to dry.
You never know what your print will look like.
This one is very subtle.
I added a bit more ink,
ran the knife through it again,
and made another print,
this time on plain white card stock.
When I scrap off the extra shaving cream from the
paper, I put it at the side of the pan,
it can be used again.
I smoothed out the shaving cream and added more 
inks to make other prints.
As you lift the papers off, the colors meld more each time.
I love the way these papers turn out.

When I wanted to change the colors, I mixed what I had
in the pan and ended up with a light color.
I then added new colors and went on making prints.
This is a different pan of shaving cream,
that I was playing with, but I found it works better on
a flat one like the one above.
Depending on how much ink is in the shaving cream and the
color of it, you may get some over all color on your 
papers, but with some colors that didn't show up at all.
It's all an adventure where you never know what you'll end up with.
Here are some of the pieces I ended up with.
I did quite a few on plain card stock.

some on deli paper




In this one above, you can see a light pink in the
background.  For this one, I had mixed the shaving 
cream and it ended up pinkish, I added other colors to it
and when I pulled them, they had absorbed a bit of the 
pink from the mixed in ink.
Most of the time the mixed in color didn't show up,
but for this it did.
This is one of my favorite pieces and I've already used
it for a project.
I tried yellow mulberry paper
and orange
and green.
These next two were done on a white mulberry
paper that doesn't have a lot of fiber that is noticeable
Thanks for stopping in today.
I had a lot of fun making these background pieces
and I hope you'll give it a try too.
See you soon.
Until then,
think outside the box!


No comments: