My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Sunday, August 2, 2020

Hand Made Journals

Hello everyone!
I hope you're having a lovely day and
that you are happy and healthy.
Today I'm showing you a couple journals
that I made recently. 
Mike Deakin is one of the artist/crafters
that I follow on YouTube and he posted
this video showing how to make these 
journals.  As soon as I watched his video,
I knew I had to make some of these journals.
For this cover I used a piece that I had drawn
and colored with colored pencils.
I also learned how to draw these
stylized poppies from another of
This one I used some eco-print background
pieces that I recently made.
These prints were made using some leaves
from a Japanese Maple tree.
I put these eco-prints on both the front and
back of the journal.
One of the things I really love about these journals
is that they open flat, there is, of course, a crease in the
center of the page, but it opens nicely and lies flat.
Making a layout or painting or whatever across the 
2 pages is no problem at all, it isn't interrupted by the binding.
The reason that they open so nice and flat is because
the binding is fabric.  I had some fabric in my stash that
was the right color and that's what I used. 
I love the look of the fabric binding on my journals.

Thanks for stopping by today, if you are interested
in making a journal, I encourage you to watch the
video linked above, it's really pretty simple, you 
can make then any size you want and
they turn out great.
I hope you've been inspired in some way today and
will be returning soon to see what
will be next for
Kristie Kreates.

No comments: