My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, June 21, 2021

Dryer Balls #2

Hello crafty people!
A few posts ago, I showed you some dryer balls
that I had made and told you I'd be making some more.
I got 2 100% wool sweaters from Goodwill
and deconstructed them and unraveled them
and rolled them into balls, about the size of tennis balls.
I then cut an old pair of panty hose and put the balls into 
the legs of the hose. I tied a knot after each yarn ball.
I then put them in a pot on the stove and boiled them  for
about 10 minutes.  Once they were boiled I put them in
the dryer to dry.  This took quite a while as they hold a lot of
water.  Once they were dried, I took them out of the hose.
This was the hardest part, untying those knots was
tough, but I got them out and they were all nicely shrunk 
and felted.
Here is what I ended up with.
From 2 sweaters I got 14 dryer balls.
Here is a link to a tutorial about making these 
kind of dryer balls.
Why use dryer balls?
Here are a few reasons......

  • eliminate the need for fabric softener or dryer sheets (these are bad for your dryer, your clothes and are full of chemicals that are not good for you.)
  • are eco-friendly (no more throwing away dryer sheets)
  • reduce drying time by 20% (less money spent on energy)
  • remove static cling
  • are easy-to-use (just throw a few into the dryer with your laundry and then leave them there for the next load)
  • are chemical-free (better for you and the environment)
  • you can add natural scent if you apply essential oils

    Thanks for coming by today,
    I hope you have learned something new 
    and have been inspired in some way.
    Come again soon.
    Until then,
    try something new.


 

No comments: