My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, October 14, 2022

Port Pillows

Hello crafty people!
Recently one of my daughter's best friends was 
diagnosed with breast cancer.
She is only 27 yrs old.
It is stage 2 and she is now having chemo, then will
have a double mastectomy.
I wanted to do something for her and asked if she had a link
to a head wrap or something that she would like me to 
get for her.  She showed me a picture of 
"port pillows"
I found a very basic video showing how to make them.
I then kind of did my own thing and made some
for her using some fleece that I had in my stash of fabrics.
They measure about 4x7"
They open easily with Velcro
and attach to your seat belt and can be placed over 
the port that is under their skin for their chemo treatments
to be administered through.
These are an easy thing to make that will help a cancer patient
to be more comfortable.
I also got her some soft cushions to attach to her
bra straps to help make her more comfortable.
My local Buy Nothing Group has also been very generous
and I received a LOT of scarves, wraps and hats to give her.
Her hair was starting to fall out, so she cut it all off.
She's a strong young lady and is rocking the baldness and 
I just know she is going to kick cancer's butt.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you'll come again.
Until then,
Help someone be more comfortable!



 

No comments: