My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, April 6, 2024

Easter with the Maynard Family

Hello and welcome back!
I'm finally recovered from the bronchitis.
I don't have a lot to post, because I was feeling
so bad, I didn't even do any crafting.
We did have a wonderful Easter and had our 
Annual Maynard Family Egg Coloring Contest.
Here are a few pictures of my grandkids and also the
egg contest results.
Marie and Asher all dressed up in their Easter outfits.
Marie got a Jessie dress from the bunny.
Asher got a Woody shirt from the bunny.
Here's Marie with all their Easter eggs.
This year there were only 4 of us that participated
in the egg coloring contest.
Things have been crazy around here.
Kelsie and Sara have been very busy with their business
Clumsy Cloud Gifts (dot com)
Below are the 4 entries.  I posted them on facebook and
people casted their votes.
Sara's "Duo Color Explosion"
4th place
Jaryd's "Pink and Purple Splendor"
3rd place
Marie's "Pretty in Pink and More"
2nd place
Your's truly "Marbled Neutrals"
1st place.
I used onion skins to color my eggs this year.
Onion skins were chopped up,
the eggs were run under water so the skins would
stick to them.
They were then wrapped in pieces of 
knee high stockings and tied closed.
They were place into a pot with water, salt, vinegar
and a little bit of blue food coloring.
Boiled to become hard boiled eggs.
Once they were removed and onion skins were
rinsed off they turned out marbled.
I only had brown onion skins,
but next time I'd like to try multi colored
skins and include some white and red onion
skins.
They were easy to color this way and turned out
great.
Did you color eggs for Easter this year?
Here are winners from past years from our contest.
2023 Marie (age 3 yrs old)
2022 Kelsie
2021 Brad
You can see we didn't have the time to 
decorate like we usually do,
but it was fun anyway.
And now I have bragging rights until next Easter.

Thanks for stopping in today to see what I've
been up to.
I hope you'll come again soon.
Until then,
enjoy spring!









 

No comments: