My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Favorite things

Have you heard the latest fun party craze?
It's a
My Favorite Things Party!
This is how my invitation arrived.
A "brown paper package tied up with string"

Inside were all the particulars.
How fun is this?
Now to figure out what my favorite thing was going to be.
You may not think this is a tough thing, but for me it is.
I don't have a favorite color or food.
Don't ask me my favorite designer or perfume.
I just have a lot of things I like, but not favorites.
I knew not all the people there would like scrapbooking,
stamping or papercrafting, so that was out.
Then one evening at the dinner table
I was telling my family about the party
and that I didn't know what to take and my son asked
"What's your favorite movie Mom?"
Well that did it!  I DO have a favorite movie.
"To Sir, With Love"
From there it was easy,
add a bottle of Diet Pepsi and some popcorn and all set.
Well almost.
I had to incorporate papercrafting,
so I added a few handmade cards to each gift
and made toppers for the packages.
 
Here are the gifts all ready to go.
All the images were colored with FlexMarkers.
Here is a close up of each of the toppers. 
"Lg Teapot" (#11702) from Eureka! Stamps
Celebrate from "Friends" set (#46202) from QKR Stampede.

"Sm Harvest Basket" (#22203) from Eureka! Stamps

"Lg. Roses" (#23301) from QKR Stampede 

Friends  from "Friends" set (#46202) from QKR Stampede
"Lg Best Friends Sitting" (#5906) from Eureka! Stamps
 
The party was a blast! 
Everyone seemed to love the "favorites" that they went home with.
We played some fun games.
We ate a lot of yummy food.
And we laughed more than I have in ages.
I have some of the "most funnest" friends!
(I know that isn't really proper English, but it fits!)
 
Thanks for stopping today!
Leave a comment and let me know if you've ever been to a
My Favorite Things Party.
Be sure to ask if you have any questions about it,
I'll be glad to share, just shoot me off an e-mail
 and I'll be back to you as soon as I can.
 
Until next time, Happy Crafting!

No comments: