My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Over the tree tops

Hi all!
Have you ever started out with an idea
and ended up doing something totally different?
That's what happened with this card.
I used
"Tree" (#14501) and
"Sleigh and Reindeer" (#15705)
from QKR Stampede to make this card.
I started it with a totally different thought,
even a different image that would be the focal point of the card.
I found a sheet of patterned paper in my stash with the trees on it.
I thought it might be interesting to us some
Distress Ink (Broken China) to give it different color.
Then I thought about the Sleigh and Reindeer
image and how cute it would be flying over the trees.
Then I decided to stamp a few Tree images
and color them with Distress Ink (Peeled Paint)
I fussy cut them and added them to the card,
I used some foam tape to give that middle one a bit of depth.
I do love how this card turned out,
even if I didn't do anything that I planned to do.

For the inside of the card,
I used an embossing folder and ran it through my Cuttlebug. 
Love the snowflakes!
I think I'll add a handwritten sentiment to this one.
Now to get back to that image I was planning to use on the card,
hmmmm what should I do with it?
 
Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you've been inspired in some way by my card. 
Even if it's just to go ahead and veer off course
when the mood strikes you.
Leave me a comment if you will and come again soon.
Until next time, Happy Crafting!

No comments: