My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, April 7, 2014

Ribbons and Bows Challenge

Hello blog friends!
I took a break from my design team work for a couple months.
Life was just getting too busy and I needed a break from something.
BUT, I'm back and it's time for another 
The theme of the challenge is 
"Ribbons and Bows"
I decided to use 2 images from
"Round Balloon" (#8203) and 
"Heart Balloon" (#5204)
Imagine you open an envelope and take this card out.
You think what the heck is this?
Then you open it out and  SURPRISE!!!!
It's a card in a box!
How fun is that?!?!

For my balloons I stamped the round balloon and heart balloon
images onto the back of some glitter card stock.
I then cut them out.
I made little bows with 'bakers twine' 
and glued them to each balloon as well as
 gluing a piece to hang down as the balloon string.
Each balloon was adhered to a small strip of acetate 
that was used to hold the balloon upright.
I adhered a piece of gold ribbon and a bow around the box area
with ATG tape.
For a greeting, on the back of the box, I added a layer of white card stock,
stamped the balloons onto yellow card stock,
then stamped the "Happy" from the 
"Happy Birthday" set (#22803) from 
which is sister company to 
I fussy cut the balloons and adhered them along with 
balloon strings and bows to the back of the card.

If you'd like to learn how to make a card like this, you can find a video at 
I'm sure there are other videos out there,
but this is where I learned of it and got the pattern.

I hope you have been inspired and will join the 
Ribbon and Bow challenge on the 

Thanks for stopping by today, 
come again soon.
Until next time, Happy Crafting!


2 comments:

CreativSpirit said...

Gorgeous Kristie, a friend gave me a similar one for my birthday. So impressive.

Rob

Roxie said...

This is so clever, great job with the design.