My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Thursday, August 20, 2015

"fixing" some frames

Hello crafty friends!
My son's birthday was on the 15th and for part of his
gift I wanted to give him some family pictures.
He and his girlfriend have a cute little apartment
and the one livingroom wall is dedicated to pictures 
of family and friends.
Jaryd wanted pictures for his wall and I decided that I needed
to alter some frames and put pictures in them for him.
The first one I worked on was a plain wood frame that I found
at a thrift shop.
Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of it before,
but it was just a plain old wood frame.
First I sanded it down to take off the finish.
You can see there were a couple little flaws in the frame, 
but that doesn't matter, it will all be covered in the end.
I then painted it with Gold Acrylic Craft Paint
using a foam brush.
After a couple coats were applied and dried,
I switched to Teal Acrylic Paint.
I painted a solid coat on the flat surface of the frame.
Then used a dry bristled brush to add the teal paint
to the sides, giving it a worn feel.
Here is the frame all painted and I love how it turned out.
I put a picture of Jaryd's Godparents in this frame.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Come again soon, I'll be showing you some of the other
frames that I altered for Jaryd's gallery of pictures.




1 comment:

Roxie said...

Nice update to the frame, I have a few that need this.