My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Argyle frame Fix #3

Hello everyone!
Here is another in my series of 
"fixed frames"
This frame is one I picked up at one of the thrift shops
in my area.  Haven't a clue which one, but I know it was 
cheap.  It originally had a mirror in it, which, of course,
I just popped out.
Since I'm a scrapbooker and like most of us, I have quite
a stash of paper, finding something to cover it with
was no problem.  Because of course this plain black
just wasn't going to work.
I started by laying the frame onto the back of the paper.
I drew lines from corner to corner in the opening, 
so I would know where to cut.
I also marked the corners with cut lines.
Then the fun began.
I brushed on the Mod Podge, covering the entire
front of the frame.
Then I flipped over the frame onto the paper and 
stuck that baby down.
I turned the frame over and made sure the paper 
was smooth over the entire front of the frame.
I then cut on the cut lines that I had drawn.
When I folded the paper over, the corners weren't totally covered,
to remedy that I simply took small pieces of paper and covered the
corners before Mod Podging it.
Here is what the back ended up looking like once 
I got that paper all glued down.
On the corners, I cut those cut lines and neatly folded 
over the edges and glued them down.
I then covered the front, sides and back with a few coats of 
Mod Podge and the frame was finished.
Well except for putting the saw tooth hanger
on the back and cutting the glass.
Luckily, my hubby is a photographer and custom framer
and we have lots of hangers and scrap pieces of glass.
Here it is finished with a picture of Jaryd and Sara with 
my Mom. 
I think it turned out great.
What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by today.
Come again soon and see what else I've been up to.
I'll be posting more in my
"fixed frames" series
as well as some other projects .
You never know what I'll be posting about,
so pop in now and then.
Who knows what you'll find.

Have a better than average day! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super cute, Kristie! I will try this one day! ~Julie S.