My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Window Panel Cards #2 and Distress Crayons

Hi all!
Today I have a few cards to show you.
I love this window panel style of card.
This time I made a couple of them using some 
card stock that I had used 
Distress Crayons to create.
I first covered the card stock with Gesso,
then used the Distress Crayons to color sections
of the card stock, then 'smooshed' the color around 
with my fingers.
The colors are pretty creamy and blend best when 
there is a base coat, this is why I used the Gesso
from Eureka Stamps for the inside of the card.
I wanted something that fit nicely behind the clear
panel window and this was perfect.
I think it went well with the look of the overall card.
I stamped it with Chestnut Roan Color Box Ink.
This card can be used as a vertical or a horizontal card.
For this card I used another piece that I created with
Distress Crayons.  This one was made using the 
Distress Crayons directly to card stock, using no base 
coat of Gesso.  The crayons did blend, but not nearly as 
easily.  I used the same colors for both cards, you can
see the difference in the color, as without the Gesso,
the crayon kind of "soaked" into the paper.
I like how both turned out, but found the one with
the Gesso easier to work with.
I made this striped card stock panel with 
from Winnie and Walter
Biblical Impressions.
I stamped the image with Versa Fine Ink
and colored it with 
colored pencils.
The acetate I used for all these window 
panel cards, is simply packaging that I had kept
in my stash, knowing that I'd find a use for it.
I had a lot of fun making these cards
and I'm sure I'll be making more of this style card
in the future.
Thanks for coming by today,
I hope you have enjoyed my cards.
Have you tried the new Distress Crayons yet?
I love them and I'm sure you'll be seeing more
projects on my blog where I use them.
I hope you'll come again soon.
Now go make something fun.



No comments: