My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Inktense Pencils

Hello crafting friends!
Have you ever used Inktense Pencils?
I had only heard about them from a couple 
of my friends, but had never tried them.
When I was visiting my friend, Mary, a couple weeks ago, 
I had a chance to give them a try.
I have to say that I did like them, I found that
they blended out pretty easily.
I did find some colors seemed to blend easier than
others did.
Here are the images that I colored with the
Inktense Pencils.
This was the first image I colored.
I'm really not too crazy about how the bird
turned out, but I do like the flowers.
It was all an experiment in how to use them
as well as what the colors were like.
I had to keep that in mind.
I then colored this rose.
I liked the results I got on the rose, but
had some difficulty on the background.
I don't think they are really meant to cover
a large area, so I needed to fix that.
I ended up cutting a mask to cover the rose
then I used some Distress Inks on ink blending
tools to make the background a little more acceptable.
I'm still not crazy about that background, but I'll
be trimming it down anyway, so most of it won't
show.
I then colored these roses, covered them with
masks and inked the background.
I'll have to see what I can come up with
to use these images.
As I said, it was an experimentation,
I had a lot of fun playing with these pencils.
Honestly, I won't be investing in any
Inktense Pencils, not because I didn't like
them, but because I really love 
water color crayons and I also
have a nice set of colored pencils and 
like to use them with Gamsol for blending.
I'm pretty sure I have some water color pencils around 
somewhere in my craft room too.
I just can't justify spending the money on them,
when I have other mediums that I can use.
Thanks for stopping by today,
come back again soon,
you never know when you might see
what I did with these images.
Until then, Happy Crafting!


1 comment:

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh those are beautiful images, Kristie. I have never heard of those pencils, but they look amazing!