My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, May 30, 2016

My Little Farm

Hello all!
I decided that this year I wanted to grow some vegetables.
I haven't had a garden for many years and there is no way
that I could tend to one down on the ground.
Something like this is what I really wanted, but my 
hubby wasn't so keen on that idea, so I had to figure out
another way to have my veggie garden.
The other day I went to a local discount store, 
Overstock Outle, and found
this garden container.
it's a pretty good size, it's above ground where I can reach
it to tend it easily and best of all it was a really good price.
Yes, one corner did have a tiny crack, but I don't think that's 
going to make any difference at all.
So off I went to the nursery and got a few bags of 
this soil.
I put my little farm in the back corner of the yard and 
filled it with the soil.
And planted what I had bought.
Hot peppers

and cucumbers.
I'll have to run some twine up to the fence for the
cucumber vines to grow up when they get bigger.
I had more room in there so today I went back and picked up
some Romaine lettuce and added that to my farm.
Now I hope I've left enough room for everything to grow.
Guess I'll find out, eh?

Here's my little farm, ready to grow and feed the family.
I didn't want to invest a lot more money in containers,
so I used what was available around the house and
garage.
These are my tomato plants.
Personally I'm not a tomato fan, but others are,
and I thought maybe we could make some 
salsa with some of what I grow.
I AM a fan of salsa.
We'll see how that goes.
I know they are going to need to have some 
stakes put in when they get bigger.
I'm sure I have some kind of dowels in my craft room
that I can use for that.
For now they will sit on the deck stairs.

Thanks for stopping by today.
come again soon.
You never know what you'll find on 
Kristie Kreates.
(hint: next post will have to do with zucchini)



No comments: