My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Zucchini

Hello everyone!
How is your weather where you are?
Ours has been very hot and sunny these past few days.
We've broken some records in our area with temps
in the 90s and I'm loving this summer weather.
Today I'm going to show you what I did for zucchini 
for my little farm.
I really wanted to grow some zucchini as we just love it.
I did a little research on the net and found that they 
can be grown in pots.
When I was a kid my Dad always grew them, but he
let them get huge.  I just loved having fried zucchini or
zucchini parmesan for dinner,
I will not be growing them that big since I just don't have
the room for it.
I went to The Dollar Store and picked up 4 of these
plastic containers.
I used my Crop-A-Dile to put 2 holes in opposite
sides of the containers.
I poked some holes in the bottom for drainage.
If you do this, be careful as you can crack the 
bottom of the container, don't ask how I know.
I used 3 strands of twine and ran them though the hole
on one side of the container and tied it securely.
I realized with the 2nd one that it would be more secure 
if I brought the ends up and tied it to the 3 strands
above the lip of the container.
I then braided the 3 strands and threaded the ends through the other
side of the container.  Of course as I went
I learned more and made the loose ends longer,
so I could bury them along the inside of the container in 
the soil.
I planted my zucchini plants in my containers and
they now hang on the fence in my little 
farm corner of the yard.

I'm glad you stopped by today,
keep coming back, I'll be updating on my 
farm as it grows.
Next post I'll show you what I did with a few
flowers to brighten up the yard.
See you soon!


No comments: