My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Flowers

Isn't the internet a wonderful thing?
I love all the ideas I get from Facebook and Pinterest!
I recently found an article about repurposing 2 liter bottles.
I decided to give this idea a try.
Here are the supplies I needed.
2 liter bottle
twine
scissors
I cut our a section of the side of the bottle.
I know this isn't a great picture, just couldn't get a good
shot of that clear plastic, but it will show a little better
later when you see the finished project.
I poked holes in the "top" and "bottom" of the bottle
and strung twine through the holes.
I also poked a few holes along the bottom of the bottle.
I did that on both sides of the bottle and tied it on the bottom.
I filled the bottle with soil and a couple 
Vinca plants and I have a hanging planter for 
my farm area.
Of course with the 2nd one I thought to run the twine 
across the bottom, up through the other side and 
tie it on top.  Looks better this way.
I didn't have any more bottles, but I did have a container
that I planted the rest of the Vinca in.
Right now they are sitting near the deck stairs,
who knows where they will end up.
Hubby just shaped the garden in the front of the house
the other day, so maybe they will end up out front,
when he gets that garden planted.
Once they grow a little more
they will add a nice pop of color somewhere.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you've been enjoying my farm/garden posts
and that maybe you'll be inspired to plant a little something
yourself or repurpose something for your yard.
Come again soon.
Until then, I hope you're enjoying some beautiful weather.

No comments: