My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, April 24, 2017

Easter Baskets

Hello internet friends!
I know this is kind of a late date to be posting an Easter
project, but here I am doing just that.
First of all, I didn't want my family to see these before they
received them and second, they are a cute little
basket that can be used for other occasions.
This basket makes a great little container to put little gifts
into, or make smaller ones and use them to fill with treats
as favors for a party.
Use your imagination, I'm sure you can come up
with any number of ways to use them.
Be sure to let me know what ideas you come up with.   
Here's what I'm going to show you how to make today.
I made 10 of these baskets for people for Easter.
I started with a 12 x 12 piece of card stock.
I cut a 1" strip off one side.
On the 12" side I scored at 4" and 8"
On the 11" side I scored at 3 1/2" and 7 1/2"
Then I measured 2 1/4" from the corner and made a small pencil mark.
I did this on all sides of the paper.
I then cut the corners off.
Cutting from the pencil mark on the side to the one on the 
top of the paper at all 4 corners.
Burnish all score lines.
Cut the score lines as shown.
These are cut along the 11" side.
Fold up the sides so they meet in the center.
Use the 1" strip for the handle by placing the end of it
between the 2 side pieces and the square inside piece of
the basket.
Poke a hole with a paper piercer or hole punch,
making sure the hole is through the handle too.
Put a brad through the hole to hold the basket together.
If you don't have brads you could use a staple.
Now you have your basket, ready to fill with goodies.
This is the one I made for my Mom.
She got some lovely smelling hand soap
as one of her goodies.
My daughter's had a lint roller, as she's always looking
for hers and I couldn't resist this for her.
My daughter's boyfriend got one too, with some 
Sour Patch Kids in his.
My husband's had some Mitchum Deodorant in it,
I just happened to get a good deal and thought I may as well 
stick that in to fill it up.
Notice his doesn't have a handle, this is because it was 
actually the first one I made, before I thought about 
cutting that 1" piece for the handle.
Everyone got some Rice Krispie Treats,
and eggs filled with small goodies,
like M&Ms and jelly beans.
As well as the all time favorite,
Peanut Butter Eggs.
These baskets were a big hit at my house
on Easter.
I hope you had a wonderful Easter too.
Did you make anything special for your 
family or guests?

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you'll try these little baskets.
You can always pin this post for use next
Easter or for whatever occasion you
might need a cute little basket for.
If you have any questions,
feel free to e-mail me at the address
in the side bar to the right.

Until next time,
Happy Crafting! 

No comments: