My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Smooched background

Hello crafting friends!
This past Saturday I decided to work on making some 
birthday cards.  I always seem to fall short when I need them
unexpectedly.  I also wanted to use some of the pieces that I had
in my stash.  This is one of the cards I made. 
I had this background in my stash from a couple months ago
when I was making some "smooched" background pieces.
I taped a piece of watercolor paper to a board,
then I smooched Distress Inks onto a piece of acetate,
sprayed it with a bit of water then laid it onto the 
paper and let it sit for just 15-20 seconds.
When I picked up the acetate, this was what I was left with.
And I LOVE how it turned out.
All I needed to do was adhere it to a piece of brown card stock,
then to a white card base and add a sentiment.
The Happy Birthday sentiment is from 
stamped with brown Color Box Chalk Ink onto
white card stock, trimmed out and adhered with 
foam tape.
Simple card, but I think it turned out great.

Thanks for stopping in today, I hope you'll 
come again soon.
Until then,
try something new!












No comments: