My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Hand made paper card

Hi all!
Here's another card from my "make it from my stash" 
cards.  For this card, I used a water color paper background.
I used water color paints to make the panel and the piece with
the sentiment on it.  This was originally for part of a Christmas 
gift and was left over, so it went into my background papers stash.
Finally I pulled it out and decided to use it.
I combined it with a piece of handmade paper.
My hubby is a photographer and does Art Festivals with his work.
A few year ago I went to a show in Pennsylvania with him and the
woman across from him was selling artwork made from 
handmade paper.  She also was selling pieces of her paper.
Well, I couldn't go home without some of it. This piece
has some shimmery paint on it in gold and copper and it 
is just beautiful.
I used a fairly fine paint brush to brush on some water
in a line where I wanted to tear it, then simply pulled along that
wet line, the paper tears and leaves this very organic edge.
The Happy Birthday sentiment is from 
Stamp On It
Using Brown StazOn ink, I stamped the sentiment
onto a piece of that water colored paper,
trimmed it out, adhered it to a piece of white card stock,
the onto the front of the card.
I think this makes a nice masculine card, although it could
be used for anyone.
Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you will return soon.
You never know what you'll find on
Kristie Kreates!






Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.

1 comment: