My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, October 2, 2017

Kitty card

hello!
This card I'm showing you today is one I made for 
my Aunt Marilyn.  Aunt Marilyn is my Mom's best friend.
They have been friends for well over 80 yrs.
Aunt Marilyn just turned 94 and I wanted to make a card for her.
She loves cats and this is perfect for her.
If you don't know Jennifer McGuire, you need to go to her
blog and check out her videos.  She is amazing and knows more
techniques than anyone I've ever seen.
I learned this technique from her blog.
I believe she calls it "double embossing"
I used a piece of black card stock, covered it with 
VersaMark Ink then embossed it with clear embossing 
powder.  Next I stamped the cat 
 in VersaMark and embossed it
with silver embossing powder, the same with the hello.
When the second embossing is done over that clear embossing,
the silver kind of sinks into the clear and creates a very cool look.
It doesn't look or feel like 2 layers.
For the inside of the card, I used a set of individual 
tiny letter stamps to stamp 
"peeking in to say' 
from Stamp On It
I wanted the sentiment to pop so I matted it onto
black card stock.
I know my Aunt will love this card that was
made especially for her.

I'm glad you stopped by today.
If you don't already visit
pop over and watch her videos, 
she's really quite amazing.
Come again soon,
Until then I hope you'll 
try something new!








Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.


No comments: