My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!
I hope you are enjoying your Halloween.
My children are adults now, so I don't 
have the chance to dress them up anymore
and we don't get trick or treaters at our house
so I don't get a chance to enjoy the kids from our
area either, but I hope you are having some 
Halloween fun.
Here is what I did for some Halloween fun.
I got a wine glass at the Dollar Tree and
used some of my acrylic craft paints to paint this
cute tea light holder.
It took a few coats of each color or paint,
but it went on fairly easily.
I just needed to be sure the paint was really
dried between coats. If not the other layers
can pull up and create a mess.
Don't ask how I know this.
Live and learn!
The hardest part for me was deciding on 
what kind of face to paint on it.
I love how the little vines look like 
little wisps of hair.
Once it was painted and dried,
I coated it with a layer of Mod Podge to 
seal it.  If you don't the paint can scratch off
easily and who wants that when you've put 
time and effort into it.
And the Mod Podge gives it a nice finish.
This is a gift and I sure hope they like it as much
as I do.
Thanks for stopping in today.
I hope you'll try painting something a little
different.  I think there are a lot of cute things you could
do with glasses like this for Christmas, or any occasion
for that matter.
See you again soon!


No comments: