My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, October 23, 2017

Place Mats Into Bags

Hi all!
Today I have something a little different for you.
My friends and I decided to host a weekend scrapbooking crop
this fall.  Our theme is Birthday Bash 
to celebrate the 9th birthday of
My Happy Place Scrapbooking and Crafting Studio
and everyone's birthday.
I got the idea of using place mats to make bags
that can be used for storing and carrying crafting
supplies and/or tools.  I love to repurpose things and
this seemed like a good chance to do so.
I went to a few thrift stores and picked up place mats
very inexpensively.
This is what I started with.......
and this is what I ended up with.
I simply folded them and sewed them up the sides.
Then folded the other end over to close them.
This is the one I made for myself,
isn't it pretty?
Here it is opened.
I think these little bags could have a lot of uses.
They would be great to carry cosmetics, or hair care items,
or maybe some lingerie while traveling.
Maybe to store your curling iron or scarfs.
Everyone that attends our crop, including my friends 
who planned it with me, will receive one of these
little bags with some goodies in it.
Here is what they will get as their goodie bag.
The bag with 10 - 6x6 birthday themed papers,
a package of birthday themed sticker, a pencil,
candy, a little candle and pretty holder, really you can't have 
a birthday with out candles, right?
And some tickets to win some prizes.
I wrapped up all the gifts with colorful tissue
paper and ribbon and tied a cute wooden tag to the ribbon.
They will be on each 
crafter's table when they arrive for the crop.
I hope they like their little goodie bag as much as
I liked making them and finding the goodies to go 
into them. They will also receive some 12x12 
birthday themed paper, but that doesn't fit into the 
bag.
Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you've been inspired to 
reuse, recycle or repurpose something.
Come again soon,
until then
Happy Crafting!


No comments: