My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Save the Dates

Hi everyone!
If you've been following me for a bit, you know
that my son, Jaryd, is getting married in September.
His fiance, Sara, is another crafty person,
so we are doing a lot of projects.
Some we're doing together, some we are
doing separatly. 
Today I'm showing you one that we did together.
 "Save the Dates" 
were not even in existence when I got married 30 yrs ago,
but everyone sends them out now.
Jaryd and Sara wanted something different and I think
what we came up with was perfect.
The basic ideas were mostly Sara's and I did the work
on the computer and my Silhouette to make them happen.

In the fall, Jaryd and Sara had engagement pictures
taken by her Mom, Yvonne, who is a photographer.
She had wallet sized prints made for us to work with for
the Save the Dates. The kids chose 3 pictures to use.
Once we got everything just right, we printed
and cut all the pieces.  All the different pieces were
printed on shades of purple card stock, cut and organized
for assembly.
We designed a little calendar to go onto 
everyone's fridge.  I have a wide Xyron machine,
so I ordered a couple cartridges that laminated
one side and put magnet on the other.
As Sara assembled the other parts,
I trimmed the calendars.
The outside of the card was plain and simple.
We wanted to show 2 things on these,
one was the nautical theme they are working with,
the other is her Irish heritage.
I found a little celtic knot and added that simple
design to the front flap.
Here is what people see when they open their card.
As they open it, the twine pulls tighter making a knot.
The calendar magnet is in the little pocket with their picture
temporarily adhered to the top.
The magnet and the picture come out and the date
and location are behind the magnet.
Here is the calendar magnet that 
will be on the fridge in many a home for the
next several months.
I love the little heart around the date.
These are the 3 pictures with the calendar.
Since I'm Mom, I got one of each.
They are all on my fridge.
On the back of each card we stamped
this.  Sara had received this stamp in her
Christmas stocking and knew she wanted to
include it on the Save the Dates.
We were all so happy with how they turned out,
and they really didn't take as long as you'd think.
Once we got everything going, the assembly 
didn't take long at all.
Now, on to other projects!
Goodies for the wedding party,
invitations, decorations, flowers 
and so much more.

Thanks for stopping in today,
I hope you have enjoyed this post and have
been inspired in some way.
Come visit again soon.
You never know what you'll find on
Kristie Kreates.


No comments: