My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Over The Shoulder Blanket

Hello crafty friends!
Do you ever get cold sitting watching tv, while
reading or when
you are on the computer?
I do, I sit to watch tv with my feet up on the 
hassock, covered with a blanket.
But my arms get cold.
Pulling the blanket up doesn't help a lot,
it just doesn't work, especially when I need to 
use my hands to hold a book or type on the computer.
My friend Jenn showed me how to make this 
"over the shoulder blanket"
Today I'm going to share that with you.
I chose 2 designs of fleece and purchased 1.5 yards of each.
I laid the pieces of fleece out evenly on top of each other.
And laid a yard stick down about 4" from one side.
You can also use masking tape or blue painters tape for this.
I cut a square out of the corner measuring about 4"x4"
Leaving the yard stick in place, I cut strips about 1" wide
up to the 4" mark.
Find the center of the fabric, I chose the 1.5 yard side.
Cut up to the center of the fabric.
This is where the space for your neck will form.
Cut this just as you did the other edges.
Now you will need to decide how you want to do 
your edges.  You can simply tie them in knots.
Or
you can make a small slit through both layers on each strip
of fleece,
then bring the ends of the fleece through the slit in the fabric.
Hopefully you can see in this picture what I mean.
Here is a picture showing how it looks with,
on the left the strip going down through the slit,
and on the right, the strip going up through the slit.
It doesn't matter which way you do it, it's all a matter of
preference. 
Here is shows from the other side.
Here is the finished blanket with all the strips done.
I decided to do them with the slit method for this blanket.
Here I am with my finished blanket.
I love it!
I can keep my arms, shoulders and neck warm
and also have my hands free.

Thanks for stopping by today.
I hope you've been inspired in some way
and will come again soon.
Until next time,
do something creative.





No comments: