My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Thursday, May 2, 2019

Baby Blanket and Bear Hats

I have exciting news!
I'm going to be a Grandma and the baby is due to arrive
right around my birthday in November.
I can't think of a better birthday gift than a grandchild.
I got to work right away making a few things for the
baby.
Since we don't know, yet, if it's a boy or a girl
I went with some beautiful green colors.

I made this blanket with
Yarnspirations Bernat Baby Blanket
yarn.  I love it, it's so soft!

I know it's hard to see the edges, but I created a
scalloped edge all the way around.
While I was sitting crocheting, my daughter in law
showed me an adorable little hat with bear ears.
I just happened that the pattern called for the same kind
of yarn that I was using.

This was the first one that I made, but it's so tiny that we
were afraid it would never fit the baby.
My son is know for the size of his head.  LOL
He even said "I don't think any baby of mine will ever have a
head that small."  Although it's exactly what the pattern called for
for a newborn hat.

For the next one, I switched the yarns and made this hat.
This one is for 3-6 months and seems more the size
for Jaryd's baby.
I'm sure I'll be showing you more things that I make along
the way, for this baby.
Sara, my daughter in law, and I have plenty of projects planned.
From onsies to wall decor for the nursery.
Can't wait to be a Grandma!

Thanks for stopping today.
I hope you have been inspired in some way.
Until next time, create something for
someone you love!

No comments: