My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Metal Tag and Alcohol Inks

Hello crafty friends!
Today I'm showing you something a little
different.  I was wandering around in Michael's one
day and happened to see some metal tags on clearance.
They were only $6.00 for a pack of 24, so I
picked up a pack and figured I'd think of something
to do with them.

This is what they look like right out of the package.
I decided that I should use some alcohol inks on
one and see what I got.

I used a few different colors of purple and just
pounced them on with a ink blending tool and a
felt applicator.  I thought it turned out pretty nice.
Now what to do with it?

My next step was to use some
Alcohol Lift Ink.
I found several different floral stamps and used them
to lift the alcohol ink off the tag.
I love how this turned out,
I'm not sure exactly what I will use it for,
but it sure was fun playing with the inks and
experimenting.
I think these could make nice bookmarks or little art
pieces to just hang somewhere.
Or even to just use as gift tags with the persons name
lifted from the surface.
At the price I got them for, how can I go wrong?

Thanks for spending time at my blog today,
I hope you've been inspired in some way
and maybe will give some alcohol ink
a try.
Until next time,
try something new and different.




Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.

No comments: