My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, May 16, 2022

Embossing Powder Technique

Hello!  I'm glad you are here for a visit.
Today I have a few cards to show you.
I saw this video where embossing powder was used on
parchment paper and she was able to peel it up to use
as an embellishment.
I didn't have any parchment when I wanted to give it a go,
so I tried a couple other kinds of paper.
Nothing worked the way it did in the video, but I still
got some interesting backgrounds to use.
This one was done on gold vellum.
I heat embossed the sentiment to add to the card front.
This one, I used the backing from some labels
thinking that since it was a type of release paper,
the embossing may peel off.  It didn't, but 
I used the background anyway.
This is another one done with the 
label release paper.
Here is another one from the vellum.
This one I did on a shiny silver metallic card stock
and I think it may be my favorite.
This one was done on a piece of deli paper.
Although none of them worked out the way they
did on the video, I'm happy with how they turned out and
the cards I made with them.
I've re-watched the video and plan to give it a try
with the parchment paper that she suggests using.
I'll surly post what I get when I try it the way she 
shows in the video.
Never hurts to give new techniques a try, even when they
don't turn out how you hoped.  I love how these cards turned out and
I've already used a few of them.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you have been inspired in some way and will 
come again soon.
Until then,
watch a video and learn a new technique.

No comments: