My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Thursday, August 4, 2022

Elephant Hat and One Month Old

Hello crafty people!
If you've been following me for a while, you know I have
a couple precious grandchildren.
Asher was just born in June and is a real sweetie.
Before he was born I got a message from Sara with a picture and
a link to a pattern for an elephant hat.
I know that was a big hint, so of course, I decided to make one for Asher.
I took it over and when we took some 1 month old pictures, we
also took a few with his elephant hat.
He and Marie look happy with the whole photo shoot.
Unfortunately, he is growing by leaps and bounds
already and the hat barely fit him,
but we did get a few cute pictures.
The hat isn't perfect, but it's pretty darn cute,
just wish I could have gotten more pictures,
but it just didn't want to stay on his head.
Here is one of his "one month" pictures.
Already a Buffalo Bills fan!
A couple days later he had his 1 month check up and
no wonder the hat didn't fit, his head has gone from
14.5" to 15.25" already.
If anyone is interested, here is where we found the pattern
I didn't add the ear flaps, as you can see from 
the picture with the pattern, as I knew he wouldn't be
wearing it in cold weather.
Now to make the other one that Sara messaged me about.
We'll see how that goes with these old arthritic hands.

Thanks for spending some time with me today,
I hope you have been inspired in some way.
Come again soon, until then,
take a hint from someone and make them
something nice.


 

No comments: