My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

"Mickey" Cards

Hello creative people!
Today I have a couple cards to show you.
I decided that I wanted to send a card to my
2 great nephews, they are going to Disney for
a vacation, so I thought something Mickey themed would
be perfect.
It's hard to see the background paper under the
patterned vellum, but it is a piece that I created
with alcohol inks.  The blue and green were a great
match for that piece.  I adhered the vellum piece to the
inked piece with Bearly Arts Glue, I love that glue,
it is great for vellum and barely shows on the 'clear' 
spots, and doesn't show at all in the areas that are printed,
even though they are translucent.
I decided to use some corrugated paper that I had in my
stash as a mat on the card and I love the look.
I then made this card with the same technique, but
with different colors.  I decided to add the Mickey head,
but it needed something to make it stand out on the card.
I punched a circle from the corrugated paper and 
mounted the Mickey head and that did the trick.
This is the card I sent to the boys, hopefully they will
like it as much as I do.
I've been challenging myself to use up scraps and 
to think outside the box lately and I'm having a 
great time doing that.  These cards are very different
than what I usually create and I love them.

Thanks for stopping by today, I'm always
glad to have you check out what I've been up to.
I hope you'll come again soon.
Until then,
use those scraps!

 

No comments: