My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Cauliflower Soup

Holy Stromboli!!!!! 
Look at the size of that cauliflower!
I was strolling around the produce department at the grocery store
trying to decide which of the beautiful veggies to purchase,
when my eye was drawn to the cauliflower.
This wasn't the only huge one either.
I had to buy it and make some cream of cauliflower soup.
I cut up the cauliflower and put it in a pot,
then had to take it out and put it in a bigger pot!
That baby filled my biggest stock pot!
The cauliflower got cooked with water and chicken bullion,
in the mean time I chopped a nice big onion, put it in a pan with 
a stick of butter and salt and pepper and let that sweat on a low heat
until the onions were translucent.
Once the cauliflower was nice and soft,
I used my handy stick blender to puree it.
When it was nice and smooth, I added the onions
and milk.  I used about 4 cups of milk since it was a huge 
amount of cauliflower.
That all got blended and went back on the stove for a while.
It turned out to be just the right consistency for my taste,
if it had been too thin, I could have thickened it with a bit of
flour or corn starch.
Oh and I added a bit of shredded cheddar cheese too.
All ready to eat!
And the verdict is.......
Thumbs up from me!
I'm home alone tonight, so there is a big bowl of soup in the fridge
and there are several containers in the freezer for later consumption. 

Thanks for stopping by today,
now go buy some fresh veggies and make some soup!


No comments: