My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, October 20, 2014

Wedding Gift

I am so excited about this gift I made for my nephew and his new wife!
They had asked me to make their wedding invitations for them
and to make a long story short, Vicki and I found a picture that we loved
that worked with their "Roaring 20s" theme.
I used my Silhouette Designer Edition software
 to trace the sign and lamp post image.
I made a few changes to the basic image 
and added their names and the date
I had used this same image on the reception cards in the invitations.
I knew how much they loved the image and the invitations,
so I made this floating image for them as a wedding gift.
I cut the image from black vinyl,
adhered it to a piece of glass,
placed another piece of glass over it and popped it
into the frame.
I am so thrilled with the way it turned out.
It was quite an intricate cut, 
but my Silhouette Cameo did a beautiful job and 
cut nice clean lines.
I can't wait to see how this looks hanging in their home.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Come again soon.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Lisadwb said...

Beautiful! Sure to be treasured for many years to come.

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

All those intricate cuts turned out beautifully!