My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, October 27, 2014

Roaring 20s Wedding.

My nephew's Roaring 20s Wedding was
last Saturday.
Everyone was encouraged to wear appropriate
clothes if we cared to.
I found the greatest dress for my Mom!
It was probably at least 20 yrs old, but still 
had the original tags on it.
I got it at a thrift shop for $6.99 and it fit her perfectly.
It was perfect for a Grandmother of the groom.
It had a kind of dropped waist look and the front 
had a great design of sequins.
I don't have a full length picture of her,
but here is one that I took of her at the reception.
She'll be 90 next month, isn't she beautiful?!?!
Here is picture of her with the hair clip I made
for the 20s theme.
Here is a closer picture of the clip.
She loved it and it matched with her dress beautifully.
Here I am wearing the head piece I made.
It was quite the project.
I had put the feathers etc together, but it wouldn't 
stay in my thin and fine hair, so I decided
to do a wrap of gold braiding and pearls to go around my head.
That worked great and it stayed on all night for me.
Hear is my head piece,
a little worse for wear, but it held up fairly well through
the reception.
And what a great time we had at the reception.
Below are a few fun pictures from the photo booth
they had.


These 1st 3 are of me with my kids.

These 2 are me with my daughter and her boyfriend
and my son and his girlfriend.

These last 2 are my brother, sister in law and
niece and nephew.
This nephew is the groom.
Just about everyone got into the act with this photo booth.
Even the ones that hate having their picture taken.
So much fun!

Thanks for stopping by today.
I hope I gave you a little chuckle today.


No comments: