My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Bachlorette Painting Party


I don't know about your area, but around the Buffalo, NY
area painting studios have become a big thing.
This is a studio where you can go and learn to paint a picture from
start to finish in about 2 hours.
Vicki had her bachlorette party at a studio like this.
is one of the studios in our area.
Vicki chose the picture ahead of time and they were all
set up for us when we got there.
This was the painting we were to learn to paint.
We started off with a blank white canvas.
Notice the paper plate palette?
There were only 3 colors on it,
red, black and white.
Those are the only colors we were going to use.
Step by step the picture began to emerge.
We did have a break, while our paintings dried.
Refreshments are encouraged and we had plenty of them.


Painting with a Twist doesn't have a liquor license,
but if you bring wine (or whatever) you can serve it 
yourself.
Here is a selfie of me with Vicki, 
our beautiful bride.
Then it was back to work on our painting,
and before long.......
the painting was done.
This is my painting ready to come home to
be framed and hung.
Since my husband is a photographer and frames
his own work, I have a custom framer in the house.
I think this painting will be hung in my crafting room.
And here is the whole group with our paintings.
Now you might ask, why there is a guy at a bachlorette party.
That is the brides brother, Mikey, he was her "Man of Honor"
Patrick had a "Best Lady"
I'm sure you also noted that Mikey's painting is a bit different than the rest.
The teacher told us that something like 80% of the men who 
come to a painting class, don't follow the directions and 
end up with something totally different than what was intended.
Mikey's painting sure was different!
The important thing is that we had a lot of fun.
Everyone's painting turned out different.

I'm glad you stopped by today.
If there is a Painting with a Twist 
or another studio like it in your area,
I'd encourage you to give it a try.
It's a lot of fun and you'll be surprise what you can create.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!


1 comment:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I've had friends that have gone to these places, but I've never been myself. Looks like fun!! I love seeing how everyone's turned out similar but totally different.