My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, November 28, 2014

Sympathy card

Sorry it's been so long since I last posted.
Things here have been a bit crazy lately.
Today I'm sharing a sympathy car with you.

I was so sad to hear a friend's Mom had 
passed away.
Sympathy cards are so difficult to make,
but I wanted to make one rather than buy one for
this lovely woman's family.
The poppy stamp is one of my favorite stamps from 
I colored it with colored pencils and Gamsol,
which helps blend the colors.
The larger circle is inked with Distress Ink.
The stripe of polka dots was created using a stencil.
I laid the stencil down and spread embossing paste, that
I had colored with Distress Ink, over the stencil.
I love the look of embossing paste, it gives a little bit of
dimension to the card.  
This picture shows a little bit of the dimension.
The embossing paste has almost a rubbery feel to it.

I left the inside of the card blank so I could write 
a personal message.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you'll think about trying out some 
stencils and embossing paste.
They give a whole new look to a card.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!




No comments: