My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Final frames and b-day celebration Fix #7

Hello!
I hope your day is going well.
Today is the 7th post in my 
frame fix series
and it's the last.  (I hope that isn't cheering I hear!)
I so enjoyed fixing these frames for my son and
I hope you have enjoyed seeing them and how I fixed them.
This frame didn't need much fixing.  I added some little 
"bling" to the bottom corner, which doesn't show up too well
and a little bee to the upper corner.
These things both have a reason.
This picture is of Jaryd with Aunt Bea.
Aunt Bea was my husband's aunt, she passed away
about a year and a half ago.
She was a very special lady who we all loved dearly.
This was one picture that Jaryd had told Sara that he wanted.
When Aunt Bea passed away Jaryd inherited her 
Schultz and Dooley steins and he wanted a picture
of him with her to go on the shelf with them.
I'm sure you get why I put the bee in the one corner,
the "bling" is because Aunt Bea did love her jewelry.
I thought this was perfect for the picture.
I didn't do anything to this frame except put these pictures
of Jaryd and Sara into it.  They are pictures her Mom took
of them when they visited and I love them.

Sara and I wanted to surprise Jaryd with the new pictures,
so we got him out of the apartment to play tennis with Dad and I went
over and hung them all.
The larger collage frames and a few of the others were ones they had
on the wall already.  I just rehung them and added the ones
I fixed for him.
There are a few spaces that need to have something in them,
but this wall is a work in progress and they intend to hang more pictures
as they get them.
(Click on the picture to make it larger to see them better.)
And the burning question is.....
Did Jaryd like them?
Here is a picture I took of Jaryd when he walked in and saw the wall,
what do you think?
Yes, he loved them.
That evening we went out to dinner to celebrate his birthday,
here are a few pictures from that dinner.
The birthday boy and his lovely girlfriend.
Me with my husband.
Not a great picture, but it's the best of the bunch,
getting a good picture of Dave is nearly impossible.
Me with our daughter Kelsie.
Must have been family night, they had a guy that 
went around to the tables and made balloon animals
and such.  He made this birthday hat for Jaryd.

Thanks for coming by today.
I hope you have enjoyed my frame fix series as 
much as I enjoyed making them and showing you.
Come back soon to see what else I've been up to.
Until then, happy crafting!

1 comment:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

He's going to treasure that wall for years to come. What a wonderful mother you are!!