Hello crafty people!
Today I have a wedding card to show you.
A while ago my sister in law called and asked if I could
make a wedding card for her 97 yr old aunt.
Her nephew is getting married and it's a same sex wedding.
Aunt "E" lives in an assisted living facility
and can't get out to the store to find a card this specific.
I said "Sure, no problem"
Then she told me that this is the nephew that sends her
the most gorgeous cards, so beautiful they could be framed.
No pressure, eh?
So I set to work and I worked and I changed it
and I worked some more and changed some more.
I was so frazzled and unsure of what I was doing,
it was making me nuts!
Finally, I realized that I was trying to create something
that just wasn't "me" and scratched most of what I
Have you ever just had a idea in your mind,
but it just wouldn't come together on paper.
That was my problem and the idea wasn't something
I would normally do, but I was pressuring myself to create
something that was totally out of my wheelhouse.
So far out that it wasn't even a challenge,
it was an impossibility.
When I started to create something that was my style,
I did much better and this is the card I created.
It's clean and simple and I think, very elegant.
I created this heart with the 2 men in it using my
Silhouette Studio Designer Edition software.
I traced the men, created the heart and then
welded them all together.
I cut it from silver card stock and layered it onto
a white diecut that I had made just slightly larger.
I printed some damask onto white card stock,
covered it with vellum and adhered the
heart piece on top of that.
My friend, Mary, helped me find the perfect font and
suggested Wedding Wishes as the sentiment for the
front of the card. I cut that with my Silhouette also.
For the inside of the card, I printed more of the
I printed 3 sentiments that I found on the internet,
as I had no idea what Aunt E would like for the
Here are the other 2 sentiments that I printed.
(click on them to make them larger and easier to read)
I put double sided tape on the back of these and will
have my sis in law adhere the panel that Aunt E. chooses
into the card.
Since this was an odd sized card, I used my
We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board
to create an envelope.
This was such an odd size that there weren't
directions for this size.
So I went with my motto
"There are no mistakes, just opportunities to be more creative!"
I cut, scored and folded the envelope, but before sticking it together,
I put some foam tape in the bottom of the envelope.
Now the card sits right where it should in the envelope.
I also made an envelope liner.
Unfortunately, I couldn't get a good picture that shows
how pretty it looks and how well it matches the card.
I used the gray damask with vellum over it for the liner.
All in all, I really love how the card turned out.
I sure hope Aunt E. likes it as much as I do.
Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you will come by again soon.