My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Where I find deals.

Hello crafty people!
I'd like to talk a little bit about shopping for crafty supplies.
I don't know about you, but I'm cheap.
OOPS!  Not cheap, frugal!  
My friend Mary tells me I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
She's right, it does sound much classier.
I don't buy any kind of craft tools or supplies unless they are on
sale, clearance or I have a coupon.
A few years ago I put myself on a "spending diet" 
I really try not to spend much on crafty things,
not because there isn't anything I want, but because I really
don't NEED anything. 
I have enough 12x12 paper to last the rest of my life,
so I really try not to buy that, but there are times when I have a 
weak moment and find a really good deal and have to buy some.
I recently was in Tuesday Morning and found a few things that I just
could not resist. Although I had some card stock in my cart
and I put it back!  (Good girl Kristie!)
I don't have a lot of dies and when I saw these for only $3.99 and
that embossing folder for only $.99 I just couldn't resist.
I follow quite a few blogs and see lots of great ideas using dies.
I don't have many and thought these would be great for making 
some shaker cards.
I do love shaker cards and I seldom make them, but I'm hoping
I will use these dies to create something wonderful.
As for the embossing folder?  I just love birch trees and I think
I can make some great backgrounds with that folder.

Do you have some favorite places to get deals on crafty things?
Other than the big guys like Joann's and Michael's?
I have a few, Tuesday Morning is at the top of the list.
Others are Big Lots, Ollies and The Dollar Store.
You never know what you'll find in these places,
so keep your eyes open!

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you'll come by again soon.
You never know, you might just see a shaker card
one day soon.
Until next time, Happy Crafting!


1 comment:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Who knew that Tuesday Morning had craft supplies? Those shapes are versatile enough that you should get lots of use out of them!!