My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Sunday, February 5, 2017

MHP ornaments

Hello!
My Happy Place is a crafting studio that I help
run and where I do a lot of my crafting.
This Christmas we decided to have our 
Christmas Crop in January.
The theme was 
Clearance Rack Christmas.
Everyone who wanted to participate in the gift 
exchange was to bring a gift bought from the
clearance rack. It could be whatever they wanted,
but only spend about $10.
I found these wood ornaments on clearance at 
Michael's and picked them up for all the guests.
I covered them with Mod Podge and then with 
glitter.
I rigged up a couple dowels across a box to be able 
to hang them to dry.
Once they were dry, I painted them again with 
Mod Podge so the glitter would stay put.
You know how glitter is, I didn't want everyone mad
at me for getting glitter everywhere.
Here they are all done.
There were 4 different styles.
I also made up gift certificates for everyone
to use at a future crop.
I put the gift certificates with the ornaments
and called them done.
I think the ladies all loved their ornaments.
We had a great time at our crop
and everyone seemed to love the theme and 
the gifts they received.

Thanks for stopping by
I hope you got some clearance items
for crafting after Christmas this year
and can get a start on next years 
gifts early.



No comments: