My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Molly

Hello blog friends!
I can't believe I forgot to write up this post.
This is one of the gifts I gave my husband for Christmas.
It's a painting of our dog Molly.
Depending on how you look at it, you may 
say that I cheated a little bit when I did this painting.
But either way, I love how it turned out.
First I found a picture of Molly that I liked and printed it
on "canvas paper"
I have had my canvas paper a long time and never used it,
but I know you can purchase it at Michael's.
At my store it is in the aisle with the canvases.
You simply put it through your printer like you would
a piece of paper.
I changed my picture to black and white before 
printing it.
I started by painting Molly, BUT I should have painted 
the background first, because it was difficult to paint
around her "edges"  and had to do a lot of touching
up.
I also printed a couple pictures on regular card stock
as guides, so I could see the coloring and shading.
These are the paints I used to paint Molly.
I don't know if you have discovered 
Glad Press'n Seal
but it is great in the craft room.
I spread a piece of it onto my work surface as 
a pallet.
I put the paints directly onto the Press'n Seal 
covered surface and it works great.
It's easy to mix colors,
and clean up is simple, just pick it up and
throw it away.
Now back to my painting.
Here is Molly when I had finished painting her,
and still had to do the background.
And here is the final painting with the background 
finished.
It's not perfect, but I don't think it's bad for a first
try.
No, I could have never done this without the printed
version to paint onto, but that's okay,
 my hubby loved it anyway.
I'd like to try painting some other pictures
using this technique.
Possibly my children.
I really enjoyed it.
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll think
about trying something a little different.
Come again soon.
Until then,
Happy Crafting!


No comments: