My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, July 14, 2017

Jason's Birthday Card

Hello everyone.
Do you struggle with masculine cards?
I know I do and I have decided that I'm going to overcome
this problem.  I needed a birthday card for my daughter's boyfriend
and I wanted to do something a little different.
I put my mind to it and this is the card I created.
I started out with a die cut circle in a piece of card stock and 
a few coordinating colors of Distress Inks.
After some trial and error, I finally decided on these 3 large 
 intersecting circles.
I simply moved the circle "stencil" around and inked it with 
the Distress Ink and an ink blending tool.
Once they were the color I liked, I fussy cut them leaving a small outline around
them.  The Happy Birthday sentiment is 
and I stamped it with Timber Brown Staz On Ink
using my MISTI stamping tool, to be sure I got a clear, crisp impression.
The tag behind the circles is a manila tag covered with a piece of 
deli paper that I used alcohol inks to create. 
I used ATG tape to adhere the tag to a brown piece of card stock,
then trimmed the extra from the sides.
The circles were adhered on top of that piece and it was all 
adhered to a white card base.
The sentiment is from the 
from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps.
I stamped it with the same brown Staz On Ink as the sentiment on the front
of the card.

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog today,
and that you'll come again soon.
Until next time,
Happy Crafting!



Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.


No comments: