My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, November 4, 2017

More Pepper Stuff

G'day everyone!
I've finally used up all the peppers my friend
gave me.  
I did a bit of research on the internet and
talked to my son about infusing oil with the peppers.
I tried out 2 different methods.
This is the first one.
It's the cold infusion method.
I simply put some of the dried peppers into a jar
and filled it with oil.
Now I will let it sit for a couple weeks before I give it
a try.
I put the Pablanos into my little food chopper and chopped
them up.  I don't think this was the best way to do it.
I got some bigger chunks and some of it was totally
pulverized into powder. 
I did use some of this in my oil for the 2nd method,
the hot infusion method.
And these are what I had left of the dried peppers.
I put them into a pot with oil, heated it for a bit and let
them steep.
I put some of the peppers into each bottle and 
filled them with the oil.
Most of the sites said I could strain all the pepper out
of the oil, or leave it in.  I decided to add a pepper or two 
to each bottle with the oil.
I'm not sure about the oil yet,
I tasted it and it didn't seem to have much heat to it,
I'll see when I use it to cook.
I'm afraid that I scorched the peppers, so don't
know what this will taste like when I go to use it.
We shall see.
Don't know if I'll be giving this to anyone as gifts,
but I will be giving some of that 
This is what I got from all those peppers,
as well as some chopped and frozen.
I really enjoyed trying something new and different.
Now I've got the bug and want to find something else 
to can.

Thanks for checking in today.
I hope you'll come again soon,
until then,
try something new,
look it up on the internet,
ask your friends and family,
and plunge in!

No comments: