My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Black Friday Crop

Hi all you crafty people!
Today I'm going to tell you about my 
Black Friday Crop.
Every year on Black Friday I hold a crop at
My Happy Place Scrapbooking and Crafting.
This is my favorite crop of the year,
I come up with all the ideas and
do all the planning and prep and run the crop.
I so enjoy doing this.
These are what we call our 'Specialty Crops'
First of all, I came up with the idea of making 
Rice Krispie Treats shaped like turkey legs, since
it's the day after Thanksgiving.  I don't want to serve
Thanksgiving type food, but wanted to give a nod to 
the holiday we had just celebrated.
These are what they looked like, once they 
were shaped.
I decided that they need to be "browned up" so I 
brushed on some melted milk chocolate.
Each leg was put into a little bag.
 I ended up having enough for
my family dinner, so they all got them too.
They were quite tasty, if I must say so myself.
A "turkey leg" went into each "goodie box" at the crop.
I picked up these cute boxes when I was visiting my friend in 
Toledo.  I filled them with some goodies, ribbon/trim,
a ticket for a free drink, wooden cut outs, cherry cordial kisses and
and eye glasses cleaner.  The eye glasses cleaner is great for
taking fingerprints off pictures, especially glossy prints.
Every year I come up with a game to play,
in the past we have played, Let's Make a Deal,
Wheel of  Crafts (Fortune), Price is Right to name a few
This year, we played
"Crafty Jeopardy."
We had 3 rounds and a Final Jeopardy.
I had categories like
Yummy Yum having to do with holiday foods,
How It's Done - all about techniques
Bling It Up - about embellishments
Not Just Fun and Games - about holiday traditions
What We Do - crafts other than paper crafts
We simply went from crafter to crafter and they
picked a category and dollar amount,
if they got the answer correct they got money.
If not they didn't lose anything.
I used the money I made for MHP a few years ago,
this money has served us well many times.
In the end, the two that had the most money won the
prizes of the day.
Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of the prizes.
Can you believe a scrapbooker who forgets to take pictures?!?!
For dinner I simply set the table with large 
fall themed plates and napkins, which made dinner
a little more homey and personal.
I served:
Ham
Gourmet Mashed Potatoes
Carrots
Scalloped Pineapple
and 
Parmesan Au Gratin Asparagus
for dinner we had
cheesecake.
Everyone seemed to enjoy their dinner
and I enjoyed planning and executing the crop.
As they say;
a good time was had by all!

Thanks for stopping in today,
I hope you'll come again soon.
Until then, Happy Crafting!



No comments: