My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Muffin Pizza

Hello everyone!
I've said it before and I'll say it again....
You never know what you'll find on Kristie Kreates!
Today I'm going to show you a quick and easy little lunch
or snack, depending on how much you eat.
Y'all know that I had weight loss surgery this
past June, so I can't eat much at one time.
Well, I was looking for something to eat for lunch
and since we'd just had our first snow of the season
and I was being a wimp about going out in the cold,
I had to eat something I had.  One of the things I needed
to do in that cold was go grocery shopping.
I decided that a little pizza was in order.
All I had was some English Muffins, so I made up some
Muffin Pizza.
I split the muffin open and put it onto some parchment paper.
Then I took a bit of spaghetti sauce, yes, it's from a jar.
I don't know how to make sauce, some day I'll learn.
Then I added some mozzarella cheese and pepperoni
and put in onto a baking sheet and into the oven.
I baked it until the cheese was melted and the muffin 
was crispy around the edges.
I'm guessing it was about 15 min. at 350*
Boy was it tasty!
And, yes, that is a Star Wars plate.
My kids are grown, but I still have the Star Wars plates
and I use them all the time for lunch or snacks.
I'm not a dietitian or anything, but here's a little break
down of the calories and protein
English Muffin 130 calories 4g of protein
Sauce is 90 Calories for 1/2 cup, so barely any for this amount, 
I only used about a tablespoon
Cheese 1/4 cup 90 calories 7g protein I'm guessing I used less than
1/8 cup
pepperoni 15 slices is 130 calories and 6g protein. so 
52 calories and about 2.5 g protein.
That means less than 250 calories and 10g of protein.
Now I don't know if that's how to really figure it out,
but it doesn't sound too bad to me. 

Thanks for stopping in today,
have you ever happened upon a tasty 
treat because
necessity was the mother of invention
like this?
I'm glad I did, I'll be making these again.

No comments: