My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, December 29, 2017

Sour Cream Packets

Hello blog friends.
Today I'm going to show you the 'sour cream packets'
I made for the stockings at my family Christmas party.
I made 28 of these.
I started out with a piece of card stock measuring
5"x5.5"
I made a packet and figured out where I wanted the window,
cut it out and then took the packet apart to use as a template.
I traced the window onto the back of each piece of
card stock.
I then used a straight edge and blade to cut the window out.
I wanted it in the lower part of the center.
I then added tape.  Along the bottom and the right side
I have ATG tape.  Along the top I used "score tape"
You can use any kind of strong adhesive for this, but the top
should be something that has a backing, like score tape,
as you won't want that to be stuck together too soon.
I then put strong adhesive around the window cut out
and adhered a piece of acetate to cover the window.
Next I rolled the card stock from the left to the right
and adhered it together into a tube shape.
Once that is done, the bottom could be pressed together
so the window is in the front.
I used a bone folder to press the end together
and be sure it's stuck together securely.
Now i had the sour cream packet with the top open.
Now was the time to fill the packets.
I filled mine with candied peanuts.
After the treats are inside, I removed  the
release paper from score tape on 
 the other end and press it together in the
opposite way of the the bottom.
I was careful to press it securely.
To be honest, I wish I had used a stapler and stapled 
each end, just to be safe.
Even with the strong adhesive, I was a little worried that 
they wouldn't hold, especially since they would be in 
the stockings. With food inside, I didn't want it to fall out
or have the ends opened.
They did okay in the end, but some of them were
starting to open.
This is how they looked when they were finished.
I like that I put the window in, so the treat inside could be seen.
They hold just enough for a nice little snack.
These could be used for any number of treats.
In most incidents I wouldn't put unwrapped food into 
these packet.  Especially anything for a kids birthday
party or for class mates.  I'd put wrapped candies
or some kind of little gift into them.
But for what I was using them for, they worked great.

Thanks for stopping by today,
come again soon.
If you'd like to see a video on making 
sour cream packets
check out this post
Pootles
is one of my favorites.
Her packets are a little different in size
and don't have the window, 
and are also much more elegant.
It's a great video, so go check it out.
Until next time,
try something new and different!

No comments: