My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Flower Making

What happens when a guy grows up with a 
crafty Mom and gets engaged to a crafty girlfriend?
He ends up doing crafty things for their wedding!
This is a little peak at what we are working on for 
Jaryd and Sara's wedding.
I'm not going to go into detail about what is being done
with these flowers, but I wanted to give you a little
teaser and a peak at some of our fun.
These flowers are made from a product called
It's been around for quite a while, I remembered
 using it when I was a teen and looked it up on the internet.
I found one place in the US that carries this product,
so I ordered a can to see how it would work.
It worked great, so we ordered more.
Clay Alley has been fabulous and quick with our orders.
Each flower has to be formed with wire, then dipped into the 
film, pulled out, then sprinkled glitter and set to dry.  
They dry fairly quickly.  The glitter doesn't totally
adhere to the film, so once they are dry, 
Jaryd takes them outside and sprays them with 
hairspray. This does the trick.
Here are some of the flowers he made.
Here is Sara, working on another part of the
project.
Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope I've made you curious about what
we'll be making with those flowers.
I also hope you'll stop by 
and see what they have to offer.
We're loving the Dip It Fantasy Film,
but they have a lot of other products 
to check out.
Until next time,
enjoy crafting something fun!

No comments: