My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

First painting

Hi!  How's everyone doing?
Welcome to my blog.
I have always been a little in love with watercolors,
in fact when my kids were little, I took a class in 
watercolors through adult ed in our town.  
I didn't really have time to dedicate to it and after
the course was done, I didn't pursue it anymore.
Recently, I have had a resurgence of that interest and 
decided that I want to do more watercoloring.
I have been doing it in combination with stamping,
but not creating anything on my own.
Unfortunately, there isn't a course available to me right now,
but the internet is.  I've watched a lot of videos showing different
techniques.
(Let me apologize for the poor color in my pictures today.
The paper is not as yellow as it looks, it's actually much
whiter than it shows in these pictures.)
One day I was playing around with some watercolor paints,
thinking I'd make a background for some cards. 
When I looked at this, I could see hydrangeas, 
so I put it aside with the intention of figuring out how
to make it into just that.
I watched a video showing how to draw a hydrangea
and got the basic idea.
I practiced a little bit with some pencil and with great
trepidation, I picked up my Micron pen and put it to 
paper.  Once I got going on it, it wasn't so scary anymore.
It did take quite a while to put all those little flowers and leaves
on there, but it was worth it.
I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out, since
it was my first attempt at something like this.
Of course I have my criticisms of it and yes, I know
I'm really hard on myself,
but the leaves should have been bigger and the
shape a little different, fatter I think.
I would have liked to see the individual
"bunches" more defined and I could have been 
more consistent with the size of the flowers within each bunch.
Like I said, I'm pretty critical of myself, but 
that's how we learn, right?
Over all, I do like it and I'll be trying something
like this again.  But I do want to try some other
things too.
Any of you into watercolor?
Have you taken classes?
Learned from vidoes?
Just played around and learned that way?

Thanks for stopping in,
I hope you'll come again soon.
Until next time,
try something new!





Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.




No comments: