My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Tree and Hearts

Hi and welcome back to my blog.
Sara's bridal shower is over with now and
I'd like to show you this project I made for the shower.
Here's how it came about,
I used to work in a couple paint your own pottery studios
and loved the idea of the plates we used to make for people to
sign.  There are special markers that you use on ceramics
that are permanent once they are baked in an oven.
I have made them before and wanted one for the shower.
I went to the studio and designed and painted the plate.
Two days before the shower, when I was supposed to pick it up,
I got a call from the owner, my plate had cracked in the kiln.
I know this happens sometimes, but have never had it happen
to me before.  So now I needed a new idea.
I went to the craft store and found a shadow box frame and
little wooden hearts.
I found a tree that I liked in my Silhouette library and cut that
with silver vinyl and the wording with purple vinyl.
I put the vinyl pieces onto purple card stock and into 
the frame.
I used purple and gray paint for the little hearts, 
as those are their wedding colors.
I chose some coordinating colored fine line markers.
At the shower everyone signed a heart to add to the
tree.
I glued all the hearts around the tree.
I'm very happy with how this turned out.
Especially since I had to come up with the idea
and make it in such a short period of time.
I think Sara will love how it turned out too.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you'll come back soon.
Until then,
happy crafting!


No comments: